I have good news everyone, I found my camera charger and I have my camera, so we're back in business. I can now take all kinds of pictures including where I work, where Im living, and yes..me in my uniform and best of all saluting.



This weekend was my first away from Greg, Macgruber and my family. It is lonely having to do things by yourself. You have to eat all your meals by yourself (unless Im at work). You have to explore new things by yourself, watch tv by yourself, everything. But I am trying to get out there and do something. For example, on Saturday I drove down to Virginia Beach. I left around 1215 and got there around 1. My trusty Garmin led the way, I rolled the windows down on my ol' 4-Runner and away we went. I played "beach" music on the way down and the drive was beautiful. I didn't realize how much Hampton is surrounded by water. I think I crossed 5 bridges to get there and went under one tunnel. Not too much traffic and I was there in no time. I parked in public parking, walked down to the beach and scoped out a place to sit. Since I didn't have my beach chair, I had to lay on the sand. The beach was packed with all kinds of families and young college aged kids. I laid out for about 2 hours, not too hot about 80's that day. I gradded a bite to eat at a restaurant on the boardwalk and then walked the shops. Virginia Beach has a boardwalk running parallel to the beach that goes about 3 miles. Adjacent to it there is a bike path just for the hundreds of bikers there. It is quite nice to walk it, enjoy the breeze and avoid the sand. I got back from my trip about 6pm and settled in for the night. (it took me about 40 minutes to get back).
On Sunday, I had to check out of one hotel off base and check into the hotel on base. It is cheaper on base and the military will only pay for you to stay off base only if there isn't space available on base. Therfore I get to move when they get availability on base. Since I just found my charger today, I took so pics of my new digs... 

It looks like a shack on the outside and would be ghetto if it weren't on base. Fortunately it's safe since its on base. It has a small bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchen. I'm here until the house is ready in August (except when I go to my cousins wedding).
I took a few pictures of the view from about 1/2 mile from my hotel on the base. This is directly across from the runway. Basically the base it on the tip of the pennisula and is surrounded by the bay. Tomorrow I will show you guys the view from the hospital. Quite a site!!

No comments:
Post a Comment