On June 30th at 830 AM Graevel Van lines arrived at my house to pack. They brought 4 people and each took a room. By 10 AM, there were boxes gallore. By 115 pm (with a lunch break) my house was completely packed. Anything that you left out and didn't tell them not to pack, was packed. Phone books from Greenville were packed - we don't need them in Virginia (I had to find the box and unpack them). The shedder with all the shreddings was packed. Greg's towel from the morning shower was packed. I mean everything was packed. Now they couldn't pack anything flammable or aerosols - meaning no cleaning supplies, perfumes, and bug killer. So now we will be carting some extra things up to Virginia.
On July 1st at 1015 AM, Stevens Van lines arrived to load. They got an idea of what needed to be loaded (the whole house) and got to it. They got the downstairs living room first. Then the mechanical couches from upstairs (which my first movers cussed at me for wanting them upstairs) and the other heavy things. The couches came down very easily. No problem for these guys - there were 3. They could lift things that it takes 3 people to lift. This one guy lifted Greg's 32 inch tv by himself when Greg and I have to recruit a friend to help us lift it. We just stood in amazement. About this time is when the picture documentation came to an end. I lost the camera during the move. I took a picture, placed the camera somewhere and now I hope it is safely packed somewhere on its way to VA. I searched high and low for it but now the house is empty and its not there. Everyone say a prayer that it will be found so I can continue to share all my pictures with you. The loading was complete at 415 PM and now the house is barren.
My mom, Greg and my sister Michelle came over to help clean that night. The house is spotless and ready for the renters - who get the keys tomorrow - July 2nd and move in early on July 3rd. Wow, where has the 3 years gone?? I remember moving into that house, hanging pictures, installing tile and wood floors, and now the time has come to move out and begin an new chapter. It was a wonderful first home and I hope our new renters treat it with care.

No comments:
Post a Comment