Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Okay so now you know what the cabinet looks like I'll show you what I've done so far.

The first step was to take it apart. I had to take the Controller Board off and disconnect all the old buttons and joystick looking thingy. I also removed the Marquee at the top because I will be replacing that with a new "Multicade" marquee. There are also some light bulbs I need to replace up there. I also sanded the front of the cabinet a little just because it's going to get a nice coat of fresh blue paint before this project is done.



Anyway, here is the old Controller Board that I had take off and removed the joystick, buttons etc. As you can see it's in pretty bad shape and someone carved it up a good bit. I have 2 options here. I can try to salvage this piece and use some bondo to fill the holes, sand it down and then cut new holes for my buttons and joystick OR....



Just replace the entire board and start over, and that's what I did. I went to lowe's and had them cut me a piece of wood to the same dimensions and then sanded down one of the edges to a nice rounded shape. I cut my holes and I'm good to go. I also got some paint to match the new overlay (pictured as well) and painted teh new controller board just so the blue looks real blue once I use adhesive to mount the overlay on top of the board. I don't think I explained it too well but I'll post some pics of the finished product once done.



This is the Overlay graphic that will go on top of the new controller board.



And these are just some of my tools. Spray adhesive, sand paper & polyurethane to give the panel I nce smooth glossy finish.



That's all for now. I gotta go finish the board. I think the blue paint should be dry by now. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment