Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cabinet is Done! Kind of...

Well after about 3 or so weeks it seems that the Multicade is finally finished. The only thing that is left is a little bit of artwork I'm going to have to order that surrounds the monitor. There will be some light blue artwork to match the front with some pictures of pacman, donkey kong etc. It will be better than just having black surround the monitor.

Anyway, I have done a few cosmetic changes to the cabinet.
  1. First and foremost I got rid of that nasty black molding and replaced it with nice chrome molding. I think it makes the cabinet look a bit nicer.
  2. Second is that I replaced 2 of the red buttons with a blue button and a green button. Just to add a bit more color. (buttons are cheap)
  3. Thirdly, is that I replaced the joystick. It was pretty cheap and had a lot of play in it. This one is a bit more sturdy and precise.
  4. I got the red coin reject buttons to light up. Running power there wasn't too difficult as I just tapped into the 12v & ground wires from the wiring harness.
Click on the pictures to get a closer look.



Here is the back of the cabinet. As you can see I didn't do all that great of a job in wire management. I did the best I could and it's really something nobody sees so I just said screw it.


And here is a picture after everything has been cleaned up and it has been moved to its final resting place. That table even comes in handy as my beer is within a small reach while I plug away on Donkey Kong or 1943. Oh, and Christy and I went to a Flea Market last weekend and I got that stool for a cool $5 bucks. Cheapest thing in the picture but it does its job perfectly.


Believe it or not I also tested out the coin mech's and set all the games to 25 cents per play and it worked! I put in 3 quarters and had 3 credits to play the games. Theoretically I could put this machine in a restaurant for wherever and it could make money. Hmmmmmmm

1 comment:

  1. Greg, honey, I think you JUST FOUND a business!!!!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete