Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Macgruber's surprise

One night Greg and I were watching tv upstairs in the bonus room and I hear Macgruber 's doggy door going in and out multiple times in a row. Then I hear a growl and the pitter patter of little feet. Then another growl and more pitter patter of little feet. I went down stairs to see what was going on and I peered over the stairs to look into the living room. I see Macgruber crouched behind the couch, pawing and then running around to the other side. Again he growls, paws at something and then runs around the couch again. Then I see it.... A leg of something. I called for Greg like any woman would. He came down and peered behind the couch to see this....

This toad could jump three feet in the air!!! We first tried to corral it out the back door with a broom and it jumped into the kitchen. Then we tried to capture it in a small box. It jumped under the sofa. We then tried to sweep it out from under the sofa. It jumped under the tv set. We tried to get it out from behind the tv, it jumped onto Greg (he screamed that this thing attacked him - probably one of the funniest moments of our marriage). After 30 minutes of attempts to get this toad captured, we finally managed to get in a huge moving box.

We still don't lock the doggie door and I'm sure we will soon get another type of visitor (like India's).

This is our living room after the toad. Good thing our couches slide easily on our floors. We had to lock Macgruber in his crate halfway through the hunt for the toad since he kept trying to play with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment