Last week I graduated!!! On June 15th at 9 AM I graduated from residency. What does this mean? I guess I have learned enough about pediatrics that I can now take care of patients on my own. You would think that I would be done with residency the minute that I graduated but think again. I get to work a whole 2 more weeks. Sometimes when I see people in the hall, they ask "Aren't you done yet?" I then have to say yes but I still work up until July 1 when my replacements come.
the Y's in our program

The third years after graduation.

Killing some time waiting for graduation to start.

Greg and I on the roof top patio.

With graduation comes party, after party after party. On Sunday June 14th, we had a intern welcome party and third year goodbye party. This is where we get awards for our accomplishments and the current 1st and 2nd years get to make fun of us for our quirks...AKA roast. I have many quirks but I was mainly made fun of being very efficient and popping up randomly finishing people's work for them. They also made fun of me for playing rock band and doing a mud run (a 4 mile run filled with obstacles in the mud- marine style). I really appreciate what all of the residents went through to roast us. They made a video - which is a first for our peds residents and the intro was a drive into work, parking, going to the cafeteria to get a diet coke and then up to the workroom. Very true, very true. (I'm gonna miss the free food).
Rob and I (we have been in training - med school and residency - together for 7 years)
Greg and I
Mom and I
The next party was the next day after graduation with refreshments for our family members that came to graduation. Greg was able to come and sit with the husbands of the residents - and he got to drink his morning coffee through the ceremony. There weren't any wives to sit with since the only guy in our program's wife was graduating as well.
The third years after graduation.
Killing some time waiting for graduation to start.
The last party of the week was our special third year party where the residents, their spouse, and a faculty member of their choice were invited. It was very touching and all of the attendings gave very touching toasts to the graduating class. I had two attendings there that I started med school with as my attendings. It was very special to have them there.
Greg and I on the roof top patio.
The third years.

No comments:
Post a Comment