Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas to me!

Just wanted to let everyone know, I got an early Christmas present which I wasn't expecting until January. I passed my boards!! This was one of the most stressful tests I have ever taken and one I don't have to take again for 7 years! I was teaching PALS (pediatric advanced life support class) when my friend and coworker texted me to say that our scores were available. I couldn't stop teaching just to look it up on the computer ( however if I had a blackberry or iphone I could have). At lunchtime I was finally able to look online and it said my certification expires in 7 years but I couldn't figure out how to read the online letter that actually says you passed. After 3-4 more attempts of searching and getting on 2 other computers to try to open this document, I finally saw proof that the American Board of Pediatrics told me I passed!!!! Yay!!! What a relief. I guess my trip to Greg's cousin's wedding the weekend before the boards didn't cause too much of a problem.
I would also like to congratulate the entire pediatric residency class from Greenville for having a 100% board pass rate. This is a big deal for our program. Congrats Rebecca, Rob, Emily, Jessica, Kristy, Amanda, India, and Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment