Sunday, August 2, 2009

minnesota part 2....

Friday was time for Greg to come in and rehersal dinner. Greg made it in about 930AM (minnesota time) and rode the light rail from the airport to downtown. Thanks to my trial by error, everyone that came in after me knew where to go from the airport, which way to go on the light rail and which exit to get off at. Once Greg made it in, we visited with the fam and then rode the light rail down to Mall of America. Wow, is all I have to say. This mall is huge. It is 4-5 stories(I can't remember) complete with a full size amusement park. There were about 4-5 full sized coasters, carousel and log flume. I was impressed. While there we met up with Michelle and Chad and then saw Mom, my uncles Norman and Kevin on the escalator. Who knew we'd find each other in such a large mall.

Later on the same day we had rehersal dinner (no rehersal though) at Firelake grill. The food was awesome. I had the porkchop (which was about 4 inches thick) and tender as a steak. I was impressed, and so was everyone else that had it. I wish I could bring it locally so I could have it whenever I felt the craving. Greg had steak and frites ( old fashioned french fries - but called frites to sound more appetizing).

After dinner, we headed to Britt's pub - which has an open area on top of the roof complete with lawn bowling. Such a nice atmosphere and great for hanging out. By the end of the night, we all tried our hand at lawn bowling. I was awesome if I do say so myself. I won a few rounds but Chuck and Greg were good too and kept me on my toes. We played with Michelle, Chad and one of the groomsmen Eric. On the other game was Kim, Norman, Kevin (my uncles), and Cindy (a bridesmaid). Playing with them were Sharon (my aunt), Dave, Rob and Chris (groomsmen). We had a wonderful time and are thinking about opening one ourselves.

The internet on base is being finicky so everytime i try to post pics, it takes forever and time out. I will post pics when I move into our house and Greg gets the internet going.

No comments:

Post a Comment