Thursday, April 16, 2009

Langley here we come


So on Tuesday 4/7, I received a call from the order office asking me what day I wanted to report to my new base. He asked me where I was going and I told him I had no idea where I was going. He told me that I was assigned to Langley AFB. Me, being the not so savy person, asked where is that? (i had Las Vegas and Florida on my mind). It is Virginia - Hampton, Virginia to be exact. (this is right by Virginia Beach right on the Chesapeake Bay). Nice, huh? We report July 15th. Once I got off the phone with him, I immediately googled Langley AFB. Here is what I have found out.





There are 6 pediatricians on this base, 1 nurse practioner, and a pediatric residency program (combined AF/Navy). There is inpatient pediatrics as well as a nursery. I have no idea what this means for me. I am still trying to get intouch with someone who knows what is going on that can tell me what is expected of me. Hopefully they can tell me soon so I can find out about housing, hours, pay, and call. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.


























No comments:

Post a Comment